Openvibe Vs Brainbay in neurofeedback applications

Hi,

I would like to choose one of these two software (Openvibe or Brainbay) to use in neurofeedback applications, but I am not sure which one is more user-friendly. In fact, I am looking for the one which can be more appropriate for people (such as psychologists) who know nothing about signal processing, filtering, and so on to work with, or the one which can display signals, work on them, and show the neurofeedback parameters (Alpha, Beta, ...) in a simple graphical way.

Bests

Comments

• wjcroftwjcroft Mount Shasta, CA
    Shiva, hi.

BrainBay is definitely more friendly and geared to neurofeedback than OpenViBE. OpenViBE is more targeted at BCI applications.

See the thread and BrainBay tutorial on this page,

Also you can do a search on BrainBay using the Google Search button in the lower right column, and turn up more threads.

Regards,

William

• shivashiva Japan
    Hi William, 

Thank you for your response. It helps me make up my mind.

Now, I don't know how my own device (an EEG recorder) can connect to BrainBay for Data transmission. 
    My device's data protocol is very similar to OpenEEG (modularEEG p2)'s, but it is 4 channels and sends 3 bytes in every sending data pack. 
    Previously, by editing some parts of source codes written for OpenEEG driver according to my device features, I could make connections to Openvibe and send data to this software. 
    Now for Brainbay, I am wondering if I should edit some codes too, or do something else to sending data to BrainBay from my own device. 

Bests 

The source code for the BrainBay EEG driver is here,

• shivashiva Japan
    Thank you very much for your help.

Could you also let me know how to compile these codes when I change them based on my device features? 

And I don't know where the exact location of these C++ codes in the software installation directory is, I can't see. 

Generally, I mean How can I change the source codes for my own device? Is there any guide-line for this purpose?

Bests

Did you look through the documentation? There is a developer guide & user guide.

BrainBay is built on a Windows computer running Visual Studio and C++.

The .sln and .vcxproj files are read by Visual Studio to control it's compilation.

You can direct BrainBay questions to Chris.